Friday, July 8, 2011

Hunting & Slaughtering

Narrated 'Adi bin Hatim (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

I asked Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) about the Mi'rad. He
said, "If you hit the game with its sharp edge, eat it, but if the Mi'rad
hits the game with its shaft or with a hit by its broad side do not eat it,
for it has been beaten to death with a piece of wood. (i.e. unlawful)."

I asked, "If I let loose my trained hound after a game?" He said, "If you
let loose your trained hound after game, and mention the name of Allah,
then you can eat." I said, "If the hound eats of the game?" He said "Then
you should not eat of it, for the hound has hunted the game for itself and
not for you." I said, "Sometimes I send my hound and then I find some other
hound with it?" He said "Don't eat the game, as you have mentioned the Name
of Allah on your dog only and not on the other."

Bukhari Vol. 7 : No. 385

No comments:

Post a Comment

adfly

Listen to Quran

TvQuran